HVAC Job Number:
Primary Location: Miami,
to your HVAC Agent
account to apply for this job.
Don't have an account with HVAC Agent?
now by creating a profile. It's completely free!
Once your profile is complete you will be able to apply for this job and many other job opportunities.
Commercial/Industrial; Manufacturing (including Sheet Metal Shops); Residential/Light Commercial; Wholesale Supply/Manufacturer Rep
Required Overnight Travel:
Sales Engineer Latin America Operations Job Description:
Responsible for selling and promoting Daikin’s products and services in the Latin American market, requiring technical knowledge of mechanical/electrical engineering. Includes educating design engineers, architects, contractors and building owners with regard to the benefits of the Daikin product line. Must be able to establish customer interest in Daikin’s products as well as guide and influence the client’s specification process. Manages assigned territory and accounts to maximize long-range account penetration and growth plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Identify business opportunities and execute sales strategies to win business in assigned territory, currently primarily Brazil and Puerto Rico, and other territories as they may be assigned.
· Call on clients to convince them of the desirability and practicability of Daikin’s products.
· Monitor sales targets on a monthly basis and communicate goals to VP – Latin America Sales.
· Educate customers and promote Daikin’s product line. Update customers on new products and changes as they occur.
· Provide technical information and brochures to clients. Answer technical questions and conduct demonstrations of products and new features to prospective clients.
· Gather ongoing prospect/customer feedback, enhancement requests, and related information.
· Provide technical training, product installation and problem resolution support in conjunction with Service Engineer.
· Liaise with VP – Latin America Sales and other sales team members to assist in expanding the product opportunities within sales territory.
· Integrate new products and product enhancements from Daikin Industries Limited (DIL) into the Latin American market.
· Effectively communicate technical product knowledge to customers through client visits, technical presentations, e-mail and phone contact.
· As Sr. Sales Engineer, act as Advisor to Asst. Sales Manager and Sales Assistants.
· Propose changes in equipment or use of materials resulting in cost reduction or operational improvement. Work with customers, VP – Latin America Sales and Service Support Staff to determine how products or services could be designed or modified to best meet clients’ needs.
· Provide market and competitor intelligence, as well as continuing analysis of territory and major account potential.
· Report on market changes affecting Daikin’s products or services.
· Provide customer pre and post sales support.
· Substantial travel within assigned region.
· Performs other related job duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field
· 10 + years of sales management experience within an HVAC environment.
· Computer proficiency.-